Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another look at the Empty Interior & California - Oregon Territory

Arid climate area in Oregon State - similar to that of California
During my Empty Interior blog entry, I definitely went to town on its land beauty and controversies, but I feel I did not cover the influence in Oregon state. As I've repeatedly mentioned during my entries, The Dalles is like a geographic cusps as I've noticed while learning about US & Canadian regions.

In turn, I've decided to give Oregon state its respects to the Empty Interior.

Central Oregon makes up the Empty Interior. The Columbia River shares the Empty Interior to the east, and the Pacific North Coast to the west. In my earlier blog posts, I previously mentioned that the eastern part of Wasco County is made up of arid climate and shrub-like vegetation, much like California's meditteranean climate. I suppose this goes for Oregon's similarities to California: a fair section of Oregon shares this type of climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment